After sledding, he didn't want to go inside! Boy, he was mad! Doesn't he look like Randy from The Christmas Story?! HA!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Oven Fried Honey Chicken Nuggets
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons of butter
2 (10.75 oz) cans of condensed cream of chicken
1 can chicken broth
1 package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
salt and pepper, spices
cut up chunks of carrots and celery
Place the chicken, butter, soup and seasonings in a slow cooker, and fill with chicken broth to cover.
Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. (or if you are cooking all day, set it on low and then when add biscuits, turn it on high) About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook unil the dough is no longer raw in the center.
side note: once done, if you feel it is to thick, just add water til you get a soupy consistency
Monday, January 26, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
1. My name is Shelby
2. If i was to be a boy, my parents would of named me Travis
3. I have a fear of spiders and any kind of flying bugs. Especially horseflies. Eek!
4. daniel is 27 and i am 32
5. I got married in Breckenridge, CO
6. I have lost 50 pounds since i had Carson!!
7. I have three more to go to my wedding weight!
8. I went to college at the University of Northern Iowa
9. I chose that school because i got a full ride to play Division I Softball
10. I am a pitcher
11. One of my biggest accomplishments was running a half marathon-13.2 miles
12. I only walked a total of 5 minutes through the whole thing...my knee hurt
13. the one place i desire to travel to is Charleston, SC. i love the south and hear it's beautiful!!
14. I love to blog...http://lifeofdscd.blogspot.com/
15. I would like three maybe four kids
16. I have one sister, Nikki-28 and one brother, Christopher, 17
17. My favorite color is ocean blue...but i'm becoming partial to anything green lately.
18. i have been to 11 concerts, i think?
19. two of those were smashing pumpkins and two were Alana Davis
20. I have met Billy Corgan and Alana Davis!!
21. I met oj simpson at a bar in the lodge we stayed for our wedding. he wished me luck in my marriage. he was staying at the same lodge we were in CO.
22. I hate raw onion...if any food has any onion in it, i wont eat it
23. I love yoga!
24. So much so that i secretly want to be certified to become an instructor :)
25. I have had broken two bones in my whole life
26. they were two of my toes when i cracked them on the tub getting in the shower. i was 17 when i did that. how clumsy!
27. I want to make my own jewelry-jill is going to show me how!
28. i have pierced my nose, belly button and ears
29. i have one tattoo on my lower back and can't wait to get another. i want the next one on the inside of my wrist but my husband hates that idea
30. carson is 18 months yesterday! i sware he's a genius...he's so smart it's scary! we are so blessed!
31. i LOVE to cook and bake!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
1 pound of spaghetti noodles (i use less....tends to be a lot of noodles)
1 can rotel
1 can cream of mushroom
1 cup of milk
2-3 chicken breast
garlic salt to taste
Boil noodles in salt water and same time cut chicken into chunks and cook on skillet. drain pasta. When noodles and chicken are cooked, add chicken, rotel, cream of mushroom and milk to noodles and stir. Season to taste.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
This is the whole gang! l-r, Sam, Nikki, Me, My hubby daniel, my hilarious cousin james and bethDaniel, Me, James and Beth
Nik and Sam! so cute!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz package of lasagne noodles
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup of milk
15 oz. ricotta cheese
11/2 cup shredded italian blend cheese
Using a little olive oil, add onion and garlic to a saute pan. Then add beef. Over medium heat, cook until completely browned. Add sauce to meat and simmer for a few min. In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, add egg and mix completely. Add shredded cheeses and mix well.
Using cooking spray. coat sides and bottom of crockpot. Pour 1/4 of meat mixture into crockpot, then a layer of noodles (you will need to break them in order to fit), followed by a layer of the 1/3 meat mixture. Repeat 3 times. Then top with remaining meat mixture. Make sure all noodles around the edges are covered with sauce. cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Oreo Pudding Pie
1 box of Oreo Cookies and Cream pudding mix (i would do 2 boxes)
1 pre made chocolate pie crust
1 tub of fat free cool whip
Crushed reduced fat oreos to top
Mix pudding mix...put in crust and top with cool whip. Crush oreos to sprinkle on top. Simple!
1 lb of extra lean ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jar of sliced mushrooms, drained
1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce (i used pizza sauce)
olive oil cooking spray
1 10 oz can regrigerated pizza dough
6 oz of park skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat over to 425. in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion, garlic until softened, add meat stirring until it's browned. Drain and return to skillet. Add musrooms and tomato sauce, and cook until heated through and most of the sauce has been absorbed. While meat cooks, coat a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Pre-bake in the oven for 5 minutes. remove from oven, then ada a layer of cheese, then layer the meat mixture on top of that, then top meat mixture with another layer of cheese. Bake, uncovered for 12 min. or until cruse is browned and cheese is melted. cool 5 minutes before serving.